Norwood Yard, Ealing
The site was a former operational yard.
- H2O commissioned Lewis & Hickey Architects to design a contemporary scheme of nine units centred around the refurbishment of the existing canal manager's cottage.
- H2O secured planning permission.
- Retention of the canal manager's cottage, although it is not listed. This preserved the historical link to the site, and formed the focal point for the crescent shaped scheme.
- The scheme was designed to open up the site, by use of the crescent shape, allowing open access to areas adjacent to the canal.
- A new facilities building for the boating community will be constructed as part of the scheme.
Planning permission was granted in November 2009. The site was sold in 2012.
View the embedded image gallery online at: