Burdett Road, Tower Hamlets
H2O acquired this derelict former print works site in 2005, gaining planning permission for a striking residential and commercial scheme of 90 flats and 10,000 sq ft of offices.
- H2O worked in partnership with the private landowner to maximise site value through the planning process.
- At the grant of planning permission the site was sold to a third party developer releasing land value and overage for the landowner.
Scheme & Canal Wins:
- H2O retained access rights for Canal & River Trust to install a pontoon as a potential future mooring site.
- A new access to the canal was created from Burdett Road which will form the start of a new waterway walk to the north of the canal.
- Ground floor active uses to enliven the canal.
View the embedded image gallery online at: