Northwich Quay, Cheshire
Working in partnership with East Cheshire District Council, as landowner, Waitrose as a pre-let, and a fund, H2O pieced together this development that regenerated the waterfront in Northwich.
- H2O assembled the site from three separate landowners.
- H2O secured planning for a Waitrose food store, 57 assisted living homes, a 40-berth marina and a new river walkway.
- H2O prepared the ground to allow a land sale to McCarthy & Stone, and then built out the Waitrose, its car park and associated landscaping.
- Revitalisation of a long-time derelict site.
- Land receipts for our land owning partners together with development profit.
- Proceeds from the land and development in investment provides CRT its capital and income to facilitate ongoing canal maintenance.
- The new marina brings waterway activity and commercial activity to Northwich.
- Creation of circa 230 jobs.